This desktop support role exists within an 800 user environment covering a wide range of sites throughout New Zealand. As part of a wider IS team your responsibilities will include;
- Technical support at levels 1 and 2 for local users face to face and remotely via phone and email.
- Administration and management of a Xenapp 6.5 environment.
- Administration of; Internal ticketing system, Exchange 2010, Sharepoint, Avamar backup and replication, Backup Exec 2014.
- Image, configure and deploy desktop systems including thin clients, PC, laptop and tablet devices.
- Liaise with vendors for support and purchasing.
- Create and maintain internal support process documentation.
- Escalate where necessary.
The role demands at least 5 years experience in IT support including (at helpdesk and desktop levels), excellent interactive and communications skills, a flexible attitude and a willingness to learn.
Some NZ travel is anticipated so candidates should possess a current full driving licence.
Interested candidates who are eligible to work in New Zealand now are advised to submit an MS Word version resume and application letter to Colin Munro of MTR. Ref: CMP3493