Our corporate client is seeking an IT infrastructure team leader. This is a newly created permanent role based in East Tamaki.
Providing technical and service leadership to the infrastructure team, you will be responsible for the management of infrastructure and data centre operations with five direct reports. Some of the day-to-day responsibilities of this role include:
- Carry out planning, manage and direct the activities of the infrastructure team including the helpdesk, ensuring that user requirements are met, kept protected and secure and customer expectations are exceeded
- Ensure that infrastructure and helpdesk services meet or exceed targets through effective management
- Monitor production systems and infrastructure performance, ensure pro-active resolution of problems and that security is not compromised
- Ensure the provisions of software and hardware is appropriate to the organisation’s needs and that asset records are actively maintained
- Establish standards and procedures for methods of operations if not in place
- Provide technical and service leadership to the team
- Liaise with business unit staff and proactively manage external service providers
- Formulate and recommend infrastructure projects to meet the organisation’s business objectives
- Compile and submit operational reports to the Group IT Manager along with recommendations for continuous improvement
- Management and monitoring of the Data Centre infrastructure
- Provide recommendations on system capacity – capacity planning
- Improving the IT security posture
Ideally you will have MCITP or CCNA however this is not essential as experience is more important. The most important aspect of this role is to have excellent communication skills coupled with a can do attitude.
Please note that only people who are currently in Auckland and available to attend interviews, who hold a current New Zealand Work Visa will be considered for this role. Others may not necessarily be responded to. When submitting your CV, please provide this in a MS Word format.