Our North Shore based client is looking to employ the services of a Junior Developer, this is a full-time, permanent role. You should have a can-do attitude and have some commercial experience, preferably within New Zealand with C# and ASP.Net. You will be expected to learn about Microsoft Visual Basic, Microsoft Visual C++, and Microsoft C# programming language.
Tasks for the role:
- Provide assistance and advice to staff, dealers, distributors and end-users on technical issues
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive knowledge of computer operating systems and associated software for DOS, Windows 95/98//NT/ME/2000/XP and the future developments of these operating systems
- Design system call flows for new software programs or modifications to existing programs.
- Install and test new programs or program modifications.
- Pre-configure software and hardware prior to installation at site.
- Install software and systems at site using industry recognised best practices.
- Visit customer sites to repair or maintain systems and software supplied by the company
- Write high quality and well-documented code according to accepted standards based on user requirements with minimal supervision
- Demonstrate high level of teamwork
Technologies used include:
- Agile methodology
- Application blocks, patterns and factories
- .Net v3.5 WPF, Workflow and WCF
- Smart client technology
- C#, ASP.NET, Windows forms
- SQL, SQL CE
You should be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of the following:
- audio standards GSM, PCM, AAC, MP3, Mpeg-2, Mpeg-4, G.stds
- Win 2k, 2k3, 2k8, XP, Vista, Win7
- Citrix, Microsoft TSE
- A familiarity with Microsoft Team Foundation Server and MSF Agile approach is beneficial
The client’s customers needs are paramount and they believe in delivering value to their customers by improved productivity and innovation so you will need to demonstrate a strong desire to provide high levels of customer service.
If this sounds like you please get in touch.
Only people who are currently in Auckland and available to attend interviews, who hold a current New Zealand Work Visa will be considered for this role. Others may not necessarily be responded to. When submitting your CV, please provide this in Word format.