The primary purpose of the Project Manager role is to manage infrastructure projects for enterprise clients and to successfully deliver by planning, monitoring, delegating and controlling all aspects of the projects and the motivation of all those involved to achieve the project objectives within the expected performance targets for time, cost, quality, scope, benefits and risks.
Experience in managing
- Creation of statements of work, estimating and setting project budgets, engaging resources across the business for delivery
- Network monitoring and management
- LAN, WAN experience
- Sever and Storage
- Projects align with National and Regional IT strategies
- The project management tool is used project and portfolio level reporting.
- Comprehensive communication strategy is developed and a communication plan delivered for all projects
- Project benefits are mapped to a benefit realisation plans for business owners
- Project TOE consistent with the client’s template, clearly identifying project purpose, deliveriables, roles and responsibilities, budget and timelines
- Project benefits analysed and mapped to IT enablers
- Business Case using standard organisational templates
- Project plan using product based planning methodologies demonstrating with stages, products, dependencies, key milestones, resources and timelines.
- Prepare a project budget against the project plan, solution architecture and project approach.
- Risk assessment and log consistent with the departments templates
- Highlight report template established and submitted to project steering group (PSG) at agreed intervals.
- Exception reports submitted as appropriate and under direction of the project steering group, when agreed tolerances are exceeded.
- Check point reports established for team managers at agreed intervals.
- All project stakeholders identified with agreed methods and frequency of communication established.
- Resources assigned to produce the communications and identified in the project plan
- Establish governance structures consistent with Prince 2 methodologies.
- Work with the IS Projects Director and business sponsor to assign stakeholders to these roles
- Issue management as per the departmental issue management procedure
- Projects are delivered in stages as defined in the project plan.
- End stage assessment reports are prepared for the project steering committee. Next stage project plans are detailed and submitted to the project steering group
- Project plans are kept up to date and issues appropriately assessed for impact on the business case, risk log and tolerances.
- Lead and motivate the project team throughout the project deliveriables
Only people who are currently in Auckland and available to attend interviews, who hold a current New Zealand Work Visa will be considered for this role. Others may not necessarily be responded to. When submitting your CV, please provide this in a MS Word format.