Our client is a market leader in designing and providing of intelligent transportation systems (ITS) for toll collection, traffic management, and safety and security for vehicles.
They have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Control Systems Engineer to join their team. This is a permanent full position based on the North Shore. You will participate in the lifecycle of projects including design, configuration, commissioning, testing and training. As a Control Systems Engineer, you will work as part of a support team engaging in tasks for the implementation and delivery of Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) and Advanced Traffic Management (ATMS) systems. As this technology is new training would be provided however you will need previous experience designing and building SCADA systems.
Key responsibilities include:
- Perform application and system testing
- Develop graphical user interfaces, process databases and reports
- Create operator and system maintenance training materials
- Assist in the design of application and system test procedures
- Complete all paperwork associated with maintenance and repair work carried out, including record management of documentation and updating the maintenance database
- Track, manage and report on maintenance issues, both internally to management and externally to customers
- Manage a system via command line interface and develop design-related documentation
- Be available for 24 hour on-call duties when required, depending on customer requirements
The ideal candidate will have a hands-on approach to problem solving and must be able to identify and permanently rectify equipment faults. You will be a self-starter with a high level of initiative, take ownership of assigned tasks and be able to see through to completion by prioritisation and effective time management.
You will be tertiary qualified in engineering (electronics, electrical, mechatronics, or related field) with a minimum of three years of experience in the design, installation and testing of integrated controls systems. Ideally you will also have experience with HMI and/or SCADA software graphics and database configuration, control panel design and communications system implementation coupled with a good understanding of control systems troubleshooting with respect to interface faults and communication issues as well as experience with the Microsoft Suite, Windows and Linux operating systems, a general knowledge of network configuration and superior attention to detail and the ability to identify errors and rectify them. You will hold a current New Zealand drivers’ licence.
If you would like to hear more about this exciting role, please contact Andy Mardell. To apply for this position you will need to be in Auckland and available for interview. Please provide a word formatted CV. For further information contact Andy Mardell.