Our client delivers innovative SaaS solutions to businesses across the globe from their corporate headquarters in cedntral Auckland. They operate a complex, custom built technology platform in a global AWS environment that sends many millions of messages each month. They require a technical Linux server systems engineer who is capable of managing a complex technical environment.
For this hands on role you will need experience with setting up and maintaining:
- Amazon Linux
- Java, Apache, Tomcat
- Queueing technologies such as ActiveMQ
- RDMS Systems including PostgreSQL and services such as AWS RDS
- High performance in-memory caches such as Redis, and AWS Elasticache
- Virtual Machines under Linux KVM and AWS EC2
- Other associated technologies such as SMTP, SMPP, Postfix, Docker, AWS S3, AWS CloudFront, AWS Auto-scaling
- Domain Name System (DNS): AWS Route 53 and BIND 9,
- Infrastructure management and configuration tools such as Puppet/Chef/Ansible/AWS Cloud Formation
- Log aggregation tools including Logstash, Elasticsearch and Kibana
- Network equipment and firewalls including Cisco Switches, Routers, and Iptables. Associated AWS Services: VPC, SG, NACL and etc.
- VPN technologies including IPSEC and SSL (OpenVPN)
- Monitoring technologies such as Datadog, Pagerduty and Nagios
- Ticketing, Help Desk and CRM systems: Atlassian Jira + Confluence, Fresh Desk, Sales Force.
- Fibre Optics support experience
- Network design and customisiation
- Installing and managing Firewalls
Are you are an experienced Systems Administrator capable of finding operational failures and determining appropriate re-mediation in a high availability Linux environment?
Do you have recent experience with, and are you accomplished at using Amazon Web Services tools and technologies?
You are familiar with PostgreSQL, and are adept at writing and running SQL statements?
Have you have configured and maintained Tomcat or a commercial J2EE servers in a high transaction environment?
Can demonstrate a high level of expertise in standard scripting languages including BASH and PERL?
Ideally you have experience configuring and supporting Message Queuing such as ActiveMQ and you do not avoid Customer Support related tasks as it may be necessary to assist Level 1 Help Desk. You may also be required input when responding to after-hours incidents. In this role you will become a domain expert in our core technologies. You will often be resolving assigned tickets within customer specific Service Level Agreed metrics. You will meed to demonstrate analytical thinking and sound decision making during incident response by consistently completing assigned tasks within defined time-frames and following appropriate processes.
This is a chunky role with a lot of new technology to sink your teeth into. Our client is innovative with great modern offices, it’s a great place to work!
Only people who are currently in Auckland and available to attend interviews, who hold a current New Zealand Work Visa will be considered for this role. Others may not necessarily be responded to. When submitting your CV, please provide this in a MS Word format.