Our client is a software development company based on the North Shore. They seek a strong and experienced developer for this newly created full-time, permanent position. Joining existing team of three, our client is a global leader in temperature and humidity monitoring solutions across a number of industries with key dominance in food and medical storage and logistics. As an experienced developer you will have come from a development background with modern languages, preferably with a web development focus although C++ would be acceptable. You will need to be a successful scrum master who is used to driving the discipline required to achieve and sustain continuous delivery coupled with creating plans for converting the product backlog into working software. It helps if you are passionate about coding, but you also have a sharp eye for code reviewing and helping architect the perfect overall delivery of software for the team. This role will include some coaching / mentoring, team motivation and engagement and fostering environments around personal development and fun.
Skills and Experience:
- Understanding of Agile methodology and frameworks
- Deep knowledge of web technologies used in the development environment
- Experience and good grasp of all aspects of the SDLC
- Experience with .NET web applications (full-stack, or back-end, or front-end)
- C#, SQL Server
- Hands on Full-Stack Development ( C#.Net / Angular web application project) Emphasis on Frontend Development (Angular) 7yrs+ experience
- Experience in a CI / CD culture
- Ability to interact and learn with cross functional teams
- Experience using Node.js as a platform for developing web applications
- Agile experience (Scrum), with a commitment to cross-functional team environments
- Strong working knowledge of web technologies and web application architectures
- Demonstrated ability to meet tight deadlines in an agile/iterative software development process without losing sight of longer-term goals or the big picture.
Experience using Azure/SQL
Experience with IOT integration / Temperature monitoring
You will foster a culture of unit testing and set and hit sprint goals and demonstrate trust and respect within the team and promote transparency of the development process. You will lead by example and have strong written and verbal communication skills. You will be a professional and experienced facilitator and have the ability to balance the conflicting demands of the team. You will need to be able to foster a collaborative working environment and be able to motivate and drive and the “making a change” mind set, together with skills and behaviours and we will work with you to deliver the rest.
In exchange for your skills, you will be working for a dynamic company who values their staff and fosters a culture of support and continuous improvement. If you are deeply passionate about software development and have the skill-set required, we would love to hear from you.
Please not that only people who are currently in Auckland and available to attend interviews, who hold a current New Zealand Work Visa will be considered for this role. Others may not necessarily be responded to. When submitting your CV, please provide this in a MS Word format.